Friday, January 14, 2011

Is it too late to wish you a Happy New Year?


I hope you had a good Festive Season and are now well into the swing of 2011.

My year has gotten off to a good start and my fingers and brushes are well crossed hoping that it will continue. Just before Christmas I received news that my long hoped for trip to Africa was actually able to go ahead. This is very exciting for me and I will explain all in the next post.

Also, prior to Christmas, I was asked to write another article for the Artist and Illustrators magazine; again I will explain more in a later post.

I shall be at the Nature In Art Museum and Art Gallery, Glos, UK in October with my friend and fellow artist Frances Deakin; we had so much fun last year we are going to share studio space again for this year.

Which leads me to something else involving Frances. She has set up a website for artists, photographers and sculptors called Click 4 wildlife Art and a selection of my work can be viewed on there.
http://www.click4wildlifeart.com/

I shall also be doing another week long batik course at the Gloucester Arts and Crafts Summer School, Glos in July.

I will do my best to update you on any forthcoming events etc as they crop up. I have a few irons in the fire, so to speak, and if/when they are confirmed I shall let you know about them too.

May all you wish for and need come to you throughout the year.

No comments: