Tuesday, July 15, 2008

NEWA submissions

Today I got the news that two out of three of the pieces I submitted for NEWA (National Exhibition of Wildlife Art) have got through the selection process. They are 'Hare and Hedgerow' and 'Great Expectations'. Images of these paintings can be seen in the earlier post of June 23 after the 'up-coming workshops' write-up.

The NEWA website (link in right hand column of this page) will show the entire exhibition online, after midnight Thursday 17th July. The exhibition itself opens to the public on Friday 18th in Liverpool, UK. Should you be in the area or likely to visit, details of location, map etc can be found on their website.

Meanwhile....
On Friday I shall be at the Nature in Art workshop tent at Art in Action in Oxford for two batik workshops I am giving there. Then on Saturday, I drive up to Gloucester to set up the classroom ready for the five day workshop I shall be tutoring at the Gloucester Arts and Crafts Summer School. Back to Bristol the same day, only to go back to Gloucester on Sunday eve to stay at a friend's house for the week whilst the Summer School is on.
I am staying until Saturday evening so that I can go to a talk held by my very good friend, Julie Askew, at Nature In Art. Finally back to Bristol and a day chilling out at home on Sunday before I go back to work on Monday. All in all, tis a wee bit busy this next week or so.

No comments: