Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nature In Art Museum and Art Gallery

I have added a new link for the Nature In Art Museum and Art Gallery and also added a new event.
Nature In Art really is a 'must visit' for those interested in art and wildlife. It was the world's first museum and art gallery dedicated to showing work solely inspired by the natural world. I shall, no doubt, be referring to this place a lot in my posts, as it is a haven for me. Whenever I visit I really feel myself relax as I drive up the long driveway to the grand Georgian House, even if I'm there to work.
As well exhibiting a wide range of art including paintings, sculpture, furniture, ceramics and netsukes it runs a very popular Artist in Residence programme. One or more artists set themselves up in a studio in the grounds of the house for a week, where they work on their respective art form whilst the visiting public come in to watch and chat.
I have been on this programme since 2000 and usually share the week with my good friend and fellow wildlife artist, Julie Askew. The dates that we shall be there this year are listed under 'Exhibitions and events'.

No comments: